Why should you hire a real estate agent to help you purchase a home? I have five reasons to share with you today.
Selling your Colorado home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Colorado home? Search all homes for sale
If you think you don’t need an agent to buy a home, think again. Here’s what a real estate agent actually does to help you throughout the home buying process:
1. An agent will help you determine what your needs and wants are before you even start looking at homes, which is very important in this fast-moving market.
2. The agent will help obtain financing and a pre-approval from a good local lender that can get you to the closing table.
3. Your agent will help you navigate through all the paperwork and regulations. In Colorado, the contract is over 16 pages long. That does not include the additional 15 to 20 pages of required disclosures.
4. An agent will negotiate on your behalf and in your best interests. If you don’t work with a Realtor, there is no neutral third party to help you through the process. You will be emotionally tied to the property, and the other agent and the seller will be able to read that. As a result, you won’t have any leverage during negotiations.
5. Your agent can provide valuable information about the neighborhood and the area. They will let you know about abandoned underground mines, areas with bad soil, and other details that local agents know that you may not, especially if you are from out of town.
Overall, your real estate agent has valuable experience that can help you throughout the entire transaction. Finding a home that you like is just one piece of the pie. Getting the house under contract, negotiating the best deal, and then getting through the inspection and the appraisal to the closing table takes a lot of work.
As your real estate agent, we will coordinate everything for you from A to Z. Let us do the work for you. You won’t have to pay us a dime, either—the seller usually pays the buyer’s agent’s commission.
If you have any other questions about buying a home, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!