There are many ways you can update a home, but here are the six home improvements we recommend.
Selling your Colorado home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Colorado home? Search all homes for sale
Keeping your home up to date means it’ll always be ready to sell for top dollar. Even if you’re not planning to sell, it’s hard not to enjoy an updated living space. Today we’ll be looking at six great improvements you can make to your home:
1. Kitchen. Buyers tend to focus a lot on a home’s kitchen, so this is a good place to make improvements. We’re seeing a lot of solid-surface countertops made of quartz, granite, or silestone. Stainless steel appliances are pretty much the norm now in modern kitchens (as a bonus, it never seems to go out of style). White cabinets are making a comeback as well, while we’re seeing darker-colored styles on their way out.
2. Bathrooms. Updated vanities with solid-surface countertops are a good way to improve a bathroom. Higher-end homes often include heated floors, but there are kits you can use to install heated floors in your own home.
3. Flooring. We’re seeing growing popularity in placing engineered hardwood floors on main levels. People seem to be moving away from tile and carpet in certain living areas, though carpet is still popular in bedrooms and some family rooms.
4. Light and plumbing fixtures. It’s a good idea to move away from brass—we’re currently seeing brushed nickel and oil-rubbed bronze fixtures as the most popular options.
5. Paint. Go for lighter beige or gray tones when you decide to update walls with a fresh coat of paint. It’s okay to have an accent wall or two, especially if you’re trying to sell, but don’t go overboard!
6. Trending styles. These have to do primarily with popular floor plans we’re seeing, but keep in mind that these changes entail some major remodeling. We see main-level living spaces and homes without formal dining rooms. Outdoor living areas have become popular as well, especially with higher-end homes.
The best investments for selling your home would be in flooring and paint. If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.